What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Friday, March 16, 2007

Its complete... My Copperman Registration is done

The last planned event of my season is now booked. The Copperman Sprint triathlon, in the Great White North (well almost), opened its registration today. My family has visited the Copper Harbor area of Michigan's Keweenaw Peninsula a number of times. I suppose it helps that my wife went to College in Houghton MI. Its a beautiful and scenic area of the country. Its also got some rolling hills that seems like small mountains to us Illinois Prairie flatlanders.

With my registration for the Copperman complete, I am now officially registered for all the events I had planned to do. Its a big year. 2 Sprint Triathlons. 1 Olympic distance, One 1/2 marathon, One Full marathon, and the big dog of the year is the Spirit of Racine 1/2 Ironman.

Training is going well. I have not yet seen the benefit of adding the body sculpt and weight training to my weekly regimen. Except for some mighty sore quads and hip flexors . In the end I am sure it will pay off. In the short term, those classes just eat into my midweek runs and also leave me a bit tired for the evening sessions on the bike trainer.

...And now for something completely different
Training will be very sparse, if not put on hold completely for the next few weeks as our family will be on vacation. Perhaps the mountain hiking in the Andes of Peru, or (if possible) the ocean swimming off the coast of the Galapagos will provide me some training possibilities. Should be a great trip. Until I return...

Peace
Ted

No comments: