What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Saturday, March 10, 2007

MapMyRun, what a cool concept

Have you ever wondered when you hit the pavement or the streets for a good run and take a new route how far you've gone. It on the streets you can drive the route in the car. If on a path or something you can take a bike with a computer on it. If you are not one of the lucky few with a handheld GPS, I've got something for you....

As I close out the week, I'll share a website that the director of the fitness center I go to. Its mapmyrun.com. Its not just any old mapping and destination software. But it allows you to click, place markets, and the best part, you can determine the distance of all those neighborhood run. I checked it out for the first time today. Its pretty cool...

Destination ????? The miles are racking up. We are sitting at 1719 miles. Although, with an upcoming vacation, mileage will be at a standstill. However, once we return, the volume and intensity will shoot up. There are only 56 days until the 1/2 Marathon (not only the first event of the year, but my first official 1/2 marathon)

Peace

No comments: