What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Friday, April 20, 2007

A Day "Beyond Measure"

After last weeks terrible "long run" I was not sure what to expect this week. The strength training was tough as usual, and the time trials were a bit of a surprise. As I gear up for tomorrow's "long run", I decided to go out for a "Bluebird Trail" run. Its a 5.24 mile circuit near work.

The weather was awesome (maybe mid 40's), the sun was rising, no real wind to speak off. Perfect, at least for me, running weather. After I warmed up, it was beautiful. On top of that I felt great. I believe I was running at a race pace, so it was not an easy run. As I finished the 5.24 miles and checked my watch I came in at a hair over 40 minutes. That comes out a speedy 7 min 38sec mile pace. Even faster than my best recorded 10k speed.

I felt so good, as some of my favorite songs played just as I hit the 1 mile to go mark, I darn near sprinted all the way in. A Great feeling. On top of that during the cool down, I was further lifted up by a great song on the mp3 player.

Inspirational Song for the Day:
From the title track to Jeremy Camp's newest album, "Beyond Measure"
I know that I’ve been,
Given more than beyond measure,
I come alive when,
I see beyond my fears
I know that I’ve been given more than earthly treasure,
I come alive when
I’ve broken down and given you control

There are 15 days left prior to the Great Western Trail Half marathon. It may come as a surprise to those that know me, but this will be my first ever official running race. I've jogged for years, but never entered a race. Not a 5k, 10k, anything. Nothing like jumping right into the deep end eh!

Peace

No comments: