What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hola!

It would be easy to say that I've lost 3 weeks of training as a result of our vacation. Although, the altitude in Cusco, Peru is 11,200 feet. If you factor in that the Inca ruins we were climbing around (with a extra 30 lbs on my back carrying our son) were anywhere from 8,000 to 13,000 feet above sea level, that high altitude hiking is a serious workout. Point being, while I did not run, bike, or swim in the past few weeks, I had some significant length strengthening experiences.

This is a picture of us climbing down a path as the Inca ruins at Pisac.

Back to reality now. It is just under 4 weeks until my first official event of the year. The Great Western Trail 1/2 marathon. This will be my first official 1/2 marathon race. That is to say, I've run 13.1 miles before, just never in a timed raced.

So its time to get back into it..

Peace!

No comments: