What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, July 19, 2007

All quiet on the Western front...

Its been a whirlwind for me the past week or so. So much is happening all around. So lets just jump on in...(the water's great!)

The Dossier Blitzkrieg has begun. Jodie and I have split up the documents we are to collect to fulfill our dossier requirements. The dossier is a collection of personal, medical, financial, and miscellaneous documents that get translated and sent to the Ethiopian government. I guess one way to look at it is this, someone in the Ethiopian government will look at this collection of documents on us and determine if we are not only worthy of being parents, but being parents for an Ethiopian child. Amidst work being busy, training for the BIG race this weekend, we are pushing through the document collection quickly. Hence the phrase "Dossier Blitzkrieg"

Work has had me slammed, but I am still gainfully employed, so no reason to say much else there except that its been a tough juggling act these past few weeks.

The BIG race.. is now just 3 short days from now. In fact by this time Sunday, I'll probably be in the middle of my 1.2 mile swim. The shin splints are mostly gone, and I am feeling reasonably well rested. I am as ready as I'll ever be. I'm excited. I'm inspired. Crazy as it sounds though, not because of the personal experience of this all. At least for this morning, I'm feeling really good that what I'm doing, with Team World Vision, is helping to make a BIG difference. And its so great that I have the ability to do this (race) not for myself, but as I said in the "Welcome Message" for something "Greater". More to come tomorrow about the race and how I'm doing going into it.

Before I go, I wanted to share a quote that a friend from our local fitness center shared with me (Thanks!!), and how true (and relevant) it is..
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of WILL ! - Vince Lombardi

No comments: