What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, February 10, 2011

10 Things you Might not Know about J

10. I love milk. As in LOVE milk! The colder the better and I absolutely hate soda. I think I drank so much milk one time that I gave myself a kidney stone. When my dr. suggested I needed more calcium in my diet I had to laugh. Once I relayed the kidney stone story, he changed his mind.

9. I reverse-sneak my kids (if that is a word). There I admitted it. The kids, especially the boys are notorious for sneaking into our bedroom in the middle of the night, crawling into bed and then snoring in our faces. I wait for them to fall asleep in our bed, then sneaking out of our room and into their bunk bed. After a peaceful night sleep with the stuffed animals, the first thing I usually hear is someone asking where mama disappeared to as the last place they tend to look is in their own bedroom.....

8. I ate a pringle covered in ants on our honeymoon. It was dark and I didn't realize it until I felt them crawling on my hand. They were crunchy.

7. When we first bought our house, it needed painting. So we bought a ladder and I spent all summer on an extension ladder painting the exterior. Its starting to peel again and I am starting to wonder how I managed to paint it the first time around and still be here to tell the story.

6. I secretly wish I had a closet full of shoes like Carrie on SITC, but wonder how long it would take me to break my ankle hiking around a construction site in my
Man.olos.

5. I am convinced that most things women "claim" to be a result of child bearing are not. They just don't want to admit they are getting old. Case in point, I never birthed a child however a. My beautiful blonde hair is now a shade of dirty dish water b. I have a pooch c. I pee my pants when I laugh too hard.

4. Speaking of old, I am now jealous of women who are in their early thirties as someone pointed out to me the other day that I am now "pushing forty". Luckily I discovered a time machine.

3. I caught a 10" diameter plate of barf the other night at our favorite restaurant totally unnoticed by anyone sitting around us. The hard part was trying to figure out what to do with it after the vomit machine (AKA E2) finally turned off. Needless to say I ran into the owner on the way to the dishpan. Oh so embarrassing

2. I have had 2 ticks on two separate occasions decide that my left cheek was an ideal location to set up shop, and I am not talking about the cheeks on my face. Both time I had to call in reinforcements (AKA T) to get the confounded thing out as I am not a Circ-de-Solie performer people!

1. I can't think of anything else. So much for the build up......

3 comments:

Megan said...

Too funny! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Laughs :)

Anonymous said...

Aussie ants or New Zealand ants?
YUCK.

Great snippets of your life Jodie,,,thanks.