What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

These tired legs...

No rain, no snow, nor wind chill temps shall keep a runner from his routes...

Despite two blizzards, impassable bike paths. I've managed to keep up my weekly runs. I had to resort to street running, and some loops (gosh I hate running loops), but I've stuck with it. Each run bring a new challenge. Sometimes is the elements. Sometimes its a heavy load on the mind. Sometimes its the Indian food from the night before (OMG did I just write that?!?)

Only 44 days until the Lakefront 50k. Last week was a cutback week. So now its back to business. I'm not really following a training program, but I do know that I need to get a couple 20+ milers in. So now, besides a tired mind and legs, I need to plot a course for about 17 miles, and find the time to do it, since its no longer possible to get those sorts of distances in on Saturday mornings. At least not in snowy conditions.

Why bother to share this? Since I'm running with a few people in mind, I thought it good to share my madness. Or at least my dedication to it. Peace..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good determination. You motivate us all :)