What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sending our LOVE to Baby E

It is a tradition with our adoption agency that waiting families ask families that are traveling to take pictures of the children they are waiting for to help ease the waiting period. Right now, as a waiting family, we have requested pictures from a family that traveled yesterday. When it is our turn to travel, we will in turn ask waiting families if they would like us to take pictures of their kiddos when we are in Ethiopia. Which brings me to our special care package we sent to Baby E via the traveling family.

Now I have heard of cyber hugs (hugs given over e-mail when someone is feeling down) and I have heard of ear hugs (thanks to T's mom), but until this week, I had never heard of or thought of a kindered spirit hug (I call it that because all of us as adoptive parents know the empty spot you feel in your heart when your child is thousands of miles away from you). I sent an e-mail to the family traveling on the 18th to pick up their son asking if they could take some pictures of baby E for us. A short while later, I recieved a response letting me know that they would be glad to take some pictures and would give him a big hug for us. Well, that set off the waterworks! It was so touching to me that another family on so important a journey themselves would be, in a few days holding and hugging our little guy for us. I feel like I am reaching half way around the world to give our little guy a hug through this family. God is Great!

No comments: