What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Friday, February 8, 2008

Thats nice to see..

Yesterday I was picking up E1 at day care, when I saw something that put a smile on my face. My wife and I try to preach and educate others on "Adoption friendly" terms, phrases, etc. Part of that can carry over into children with "adoption friendly" stories and exercises. For example, creating a family tree might seem harmless enough, but it can dredge up painful or hurtful memories for an adopted child. To this end, we donated a couple of "adoption friendly" stories for E1 day care class.

So what warmed my heart? Well I saw a display that shows an activity that the kids did involving one of these books. "A Mother for Choco" by Keiko Kasza. A story about a little bird that felt physical similarities are a prerequisite for a family. Through the Love and support of a Mama Bear, Choco learns that a family is so much more. Check it out. Its a 5 star story for young kids!


Along a different line, Today's reading of the day actually comes from today's readings.

Reading of the Day...
Romans 5:19
For just as through the disobedience of one person the many were made sinners, so through the obedience of one the many will be made righteous.

Peace to you on this first Friday of Lent..

No comments: