What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Squish, Crutch, ahhh

Some people call me the Space Cowboy... Some call me just plain crazy. I ended up going out for a 5 mile run this morning. The temperature gauge read -9 degrees, that was without will chill, which according to the weather channel would be about -28 or so.

I had a route that I could short circuit and only do two miles if it proved to could. Crazy? Maybe, but I also wanted to try out the new UnderArmour cold weather gear that Santa brought me. The only exposed skin I had was around my eyes. Everything else was covered.

For the 1st mile, I though I would cut it short as my eyebrows were getting quite cold. But they ended up frosting over ...smile... and I changed directions, and things seemed fine. Don't get me wrong, had I pulled a hammy and had to walk, I might have turned into a Popsicle, but at long as I was running, I felt quite comfortable.

So there is it.. the new benchmark (for me) for cold weather running.

Crazy.. I know..

No comments: