What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A hop, a skip, and a SPLASH!

You can put it in the books. My first triathlon since August of 2007 is complete. It was a pretty good experience. I was a smidge worried about the cooler temps at the start. But the weather quickly turned in our favor. I'd guess they were high 50's and the 60's by the post-race party. Pretty darn good racing weather if you ask me.

As for the time, I can't really say. I wasn't timing myself (part of the whole, lets not take this year seriously thing). I believe I finished about 1:20ish. We'll have to see once the official results are posted. I had a better than expected swim. I felt strong on the bike, though looking at some earl er results, it looks like I didn't average as well as I had hoped. The run, it never easy to tell a triathlon run. You can feel slow, but be fast, or vice-versa. Again, I'll have some official results once they are posted.

In all a good day. The guys I went down there with TL and TD both had great days. TL CONGRATS! It was your first tri and you looked really good. The family was out also. To be honest I was surprised, but very happy to see their smiling faces cheering me on. And I saw them 4 times to boot! Thanks guys you ROCK!

More to come.. Peace

No comments: