What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Monday, March 22, 2010

Reading and Running and Trim..

Basement is about 90% down. Got just a little trim left around the basement windows. I need to create the faux window panels, and lastly cut some shelves for the new bookcase/game shelving. Then it will be move in time.

Feeling a bit bored about the music in the car, I opted to try something new. Reading. Except that I read slow, I opted to go for an ebook. So I listen to, and just completed today, the book "Heart of Darkness" by Conrad. Quite good. I've now started into Fellowship of the rings, by Tolkien. 16 disks that one is. yikes that will be awhile.

Lastly I've been running semi regularly on the treadmill at the office. Anxious (but slacking) about getting outside. During one of the runs, I experienced something. While I hate running on the treadmill, it was a really great/fun run. Almost joyful. Kinda like what I lost once I started training all the time for things. So I started thinking. Maybe I wont commit to much this year. A marathon would be nice. but the rest. EH.. maybe not. I already missed some registrations as it is. so maybe I'll just run for running sake. get back to the fun or joy of it.. We'll see.but for the time being it sounds interesting to me..

peace

No comments: