What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Adding Some Music


Loved the music from the other Adoption Blog I follow so I convinced T to help me add some music to ours. We are currently playing music by Zap Mama. I love love love the group and it was by total luck that my sis and I got to see her in Chicago a few years ago. We were a few feet away from Marie Daulne when she walked in and she is gorgeous and she has this larger than life amazing quality to her.

While Zap Mama is a Belgian group, Maire was born in Isiro, one of the largest cities in the north of the Orientale province of the Democratic Republic of Congo. When Marie was only a week old, her father was attached and killed by Simba rebels that were opposed to mixed race relationships. Marie's mother escaped to the jungle and was arrested by the rebels but later set free because she spoke their language. Maire and her sisters were eventually airlifted out of Kinshasa with their mother and flow to Belgium. Not only great music, but a tie to our current adoption. Enjoy!

No comments: