What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the light goes on...

Basement remodel update:
I've been focusing on work this week. But feeling the urge to do a "little" something, I opted to look at the "accent" lighting that will be near the basement windows, behind what I'm calling faux windows that I have to build. To my surprise, the went quite quick. While they are not screwed down (since I still need to trim out the inside of that rough window framing) I did test them on the dimmer switch that controls them.

WOW! I turned off all the other lights in the basement. Being night time, that left the basement quite dark. I turned on the accent lighting (which includes a new spotlight pointing above the fireplace). SO COOL. even with the light dimmed down. It was just so cool. if I listened hard I could almost hear the Medieval revelry within some Inn.

Splash one more item on the basement punch list...

Peace

No comments: