What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Its about a floor... (part 2)


So the old flooring it out. The ground was vacuumed, scrubbed, and vacuumed again. Then it was time for the Delta-FL. It took me a bit to get used to working with it, to cut it to size, but its more rigid than I thought, which is good

After that was in, it was recommended to still use some thin foam underlayment. So I did that as well. The final view with both layers of underlayment is shown to the left.

During some reviews I read of the Delta-FL. I read that the underlayment can make some noise until its has been lived in awhile. I hope so, since its pretty noticeable the noise it makes. Some of the noise is the delta-FL sticking then unsticking to the still sticky black adhesive that I didn't fully remove. The other noise was simple from the plastic coming in contact with the concrete flooring.

As of the writing of this post, I've got the first three rows of laminate in. I'll post a photo when I'm all done tomorrow.

Peace

No comments: