What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Friday, February 19, 2010

A bounce, A spring in your Step, but spongy?

Great progress was made on the basement. Last weekend the flooring was put it. J picked out an awesome Dupont laminate. Its called "Tuscan Stone", its sort of a cobble stone look. Very cool and very fitting for the Medieval theme to the basement.

Unfortunately, this week, I have to un-install the flooring. The flooring was a bit "spongy". That is to say, I expected a little give in the floor while using the Delta-FL underlayment, but it just didn't fell right. Calling up DuPont, the people at Delta, I got some mixed answers. In the end, I listened to the riot act read to me from the DuPont people about invalidating the flooring warranty. So I carefully pulled up the laminate and put some some 3/4 tongue & groove OSB as a subfloor material on top of the Delta-FL.

The flexibility in the floor, and the clicking from the Delta.. are now fixed. I'll need a couple of hours to put the laminate back down. So soon I'll be back on schedule. J has already pre-stained all the trim. So it will be full speed ahead on the trim very soon. Following that, the punch list if pretty small. Pictures are forthcoming...

peace

No comments: