What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Really Cute Doll Recommendation!


I have searched up and down for a cute black doll for K and have been really dissapointed in the selection. I found a black baby doll at Target right after Christmas, but I was not overly excited about it. At the time, it seemed like the best black doll I could find (no slutty clothes at least!) within the terrible selection that was available. While I am not surprised, having read about many other mothers having the same problems with the poor selection of black dolls, I was over the moon excited when I went to Family Christian Store for a baptism gift and found an adorable black doll named Faith. The whole line of all the dolls and clothes was on 50% clearance, so I am a little dissapointed that it seems like they won't be carrying the dolls anymore, but the dolls and clothes were all a great deal. I love love love the fact that her hair is natural and not straightened like many of the black dolls out there and her skin is a beautiful mocha, and being at a Christian store, she wasn't wearing slutty Barbie clothes either. Yah for Family Christian Store!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE this one! There are never enough ways to tell little black girls that their hair is beautiful just as it is! Isn't it a shame that the world tells them they need to "whiten" up their hair? I am talking to Jilma tonight about our schedule for next week. I'll let you know what day I'll be meeting Ketsia!

Our Beautiful Disaster said...

Oh my!! I love it!! DO you know what the brand of the doll is?? I may need to get one of these!! I laughed at your comment about so many of the clothes... why in the world do they dress so many of the African american dolls so awful?? I just don't get it....

-lindsey
http://www.followingthecall.org

Jodie said...

The box just says FaithandFriends. Hope that helps track it down! She is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

http://www.faithandfriends.com/