What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A taste of Soul..

slurp.. slurp..
(the sound of Ted licking the last remnants off his fingers)

For those not in the know, February is Black History Month. At work today, there was an event. "A taste of soul". Its was a smorgasbord of "soul food". I've heard people talk of soul before, and its definition seems difficult to nail down. I'm not going to attempt to do that her. But as I finish off this giant plate filled with food. I'm thinking. I like "soul food". Especially the spicier dishes.

What did I have. Some rice prepared in different ways. Some great corn bread stuffing. Regular corn bread muffin. some pulled pork. turkey prepared I dunno how, except to say YUM!. Some spicy sausage. Some awesome potato salad. Fried fish. Fried chicken. Another kinda of BBQ pork. Black eyed peas. spaghetti (not sure how that's soul food). My plate was full. So I skipped over some candied yams, some different varieties of greens.

In all, very good. But I must say that spicy sausage I had. Doing my best Homer Simpson.. Aaaaahhhhhhh (as I wipe the drool from the corner of my mouth).

All I can say is its good I ate just after a wicked hard cardio/strength class at the fitness center, as I probably ate a 1-1/2 worth of calories...

Peace

No comments: