What's this blog about anyway? Read our "Welcome Message

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why does it mean so much?


After 4.5 years of searching and one failed attempt at a tour guide detour, a wonderful woman on one of the Yahoo groups I belong to posted 10 photos of the Hospital National Retalhuleu. When I opened the photo album and saw the maternity ward, the tears started to flow. I can’t really put into words why it has always been so important to me to see where E1 took his first breath of air, and where his madre decided to make an adoption plan for him. I can’t help but wonder if the labor was difficult, if E1 came out crying and what he looked like all wrapped up in blankets with his little hospital bracelet around his ankle. There was something so HUGE that was gain by us that day in that room, our son was born and we would be a family in a few short months, but there was also something so HUGE that was lost and all the love in the world will not fill that empty space in my precious boy’s heart. Hopefully some day, I will see that room for myself…until then I will hold the picture near and dear.

3 comments:

Ted said...

As E1 would say "Mama. I love your heart"

Anonymous said...

...all you can do, and will do is love,love,love & you do it so well. You'll give your heart and his will fill. Ahhh Jodie,,,you're sooo good..thru my tears, I can feel your pain. I love your heart too Jod.

Mom

Irish44Angel said...

Hello Jodie;
My son was also born in Hospital National in Retalhuleu. I have been searching for photos and came upon the posting of the one on your blog. Do you have others? I would love to print them for my son's adoption story scrapbook.